Photo by Melody

Plant Identification: sully5979 picture (Strange weed that has overtaken my lawn in southern NH)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright sully5979

Subject: Strange weed that has overtaken my lawn in southern NH

Forum: Plant Identification

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Strange weed that has overtaken my lawn in southern NH
sully5979 wrote:
Good afternoon all,

I was wondering if you could all help me out. I have a very strange weed that has completely overtaken my lawn (approx. 3/4 of an acre here in southern New Hampshire). I'm not sure what it is, but, it completely chokes out my grass. Besides ripping out my lawn and re-seeding, are there any other options of getting rid of this weed, while keeping the healthy grass that is around? If anyone is familiar with this weed and has any information on how to completely get rid of it, I'm all ears. I have tried picking it out from the root source, using a broad leaf killer, etc. It just continues to come back, spread out and choke out the healthy grasses. This stuff also spreads into my plant beds as well. It's really a nuisance!

Thank you all for your help, I greatly appreciate it!! Image attached

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America