Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Plant Identification: alirayl picture (CLOSED: Tree with green, fuzzy, red-edged leaves)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright alirayl

Subject: CLOSED: Tree with green, fuzzy, red-edged leaves

Forum: Plant Identification

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of CLOSED: Tree with green, fuzzy, red-edged leaves
alirayl wrote:
This tree is growing in my back yard. It's about 10 feet tall and is getting to be very wide. The branches have a soft fuzz on them, and the leaves are extremely soft, fuzzy, and floppy. The leaves grow opposite and are simple. They tend to grow towards the end of the branch, and a few leaves pop out from the tip of each branch. The leaves are green when viewed from the top, and green with visible white veins underneath. Most of the leaves have a red edge, and they turn completely red before falling off. I haven't seen any sort of fruit or flower on this tree in the 4 1/2 years I've lived here.

I haven't noticed this tree turning colors and dropping all its leaves at once in the fall, but I do live in San Francisco, so it may behave differently here than it would if it were in a place with seasons.

Thank you!

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America