Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Homesteading: CricketsGarden picture (Building a Home part3)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright CricketsGarden

In reply to: Building a Home part3

Forum: Homesteading

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Building a Home part3
CricketsGarden wrote:
Sorry I was gone so long,,,,,it took me a while to renew my subscription and then I didn't post all the new stuff...which aint much but...putting on the finishing touches is expensive and more time consuming than building the actual structure.

sons room upstairs is all closed off for the winter....with black board insulation on the divider walls. We bought insulation for our bedroom and my office and I will start putting that in this week.

I been doing a lot.... you really can't tell it until I start laying out the pictures.

7 wks ago I got tired of waiting for hubby to move that deck out back (8x8) around front to fill in the gap on my deck. It goes in the corner of the deck to make the deck wrap around the house. The deck was covered with briars and weeds and on the other side of the burn mobile home heep and I had to figure out how to get it up and over that heep...by myself. It must of been pms....only pms will make a woman want to Prove she can do it herself . but gee ,,,,I had been waiting 6 months already. It took some doings. But I finally managed to back my truck out there and it took forever to get it over that heep.

the deck had to go here........we had dog fencing temporarily attached to the deck at the house to keep the dog in until we finish construction. Had to take the fence down and move the deck over that concrete block planter bed.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America