Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Plant Identification: drumlin picture (CLOSED: Orchid like, what is it?)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright drumlin

Subject: CLOSED: Orchid like, what is it?

Forum: Plant Identification

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of CLOSED: Orchid like, what is it?
drumlin wrote:
I went to a lecture at the Berkshire Botanical Garden. At the end we were given random pieces of plants to bring home and see if we could cultivate them, but it was all kind of muddled, and no identity documentation was given out. I managed to keep this going, but I have no idea what it is! It looks rather tropical, I've never seen it in stores, but the leave edges and tips get brown, as though I'm giving it too much sun and perhaps not enough water. It's inside now. The flowers look like little purple tiger lillies, with a larger bunch of petals in the center. The flowers are only about two inches wide at most. What is it, and what should I do with it?

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America