Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Plant Identification: mvendon picture (CLOSED: CLOSED: Mystery Plant ID Needed)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright mvendon

Subject: CLOSED: CLOSED: Mystery Plant ID Needed

Forum: Plant Identification

bookmark
<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of CLOSED: CLOSED: Mystery Plant ID Needed
mvendon wrote:
We can't figure out what this plant is. Even though it may look ok, it's very anemic right now, and this is the third cutting from the original that I've had to re-root in water and start over. It roots fine, it starts to grow when you first pot it, then it stops growing, leaves turn yellow from the base of the stem up, and it slowly dies. I've tried three different soils varying the PH on both sides of 7.0. We can't tell if it likes lots of water, or very little. I've tried Miracid, thinking it liked a more acidic diet since the leaves yellow. Nothing has worked. Any help would be appreciated! My wife loves this plant since she took a clipping of it at this place we spent to celebrate our anniversary up in Lake Placid, NY. That plant was huge and doing just fine in a southeastern sunny spot indoors.

Regards,
Mark

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America