Photo by Melody

Beginner Gardening Questions: SavvyDaze picture (Prepping for high winds - Colocasia & Alocasia)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright SavvyDaze

In reply to: Prepping for high winds - Colocasia & Alocasia

Forum: Beginner Gardening Questions

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Prepping for high winds - Colocasia & Alocasia
SavvyDaze wrote:
themoonhowl, funny that dew changes their color! But they are still beautiful! How long after dew changes their color does their color go back to normal?

purpleinopp, I didn't think about oak trees/acorns either when I planted my Alocasia Mayan Mask and Colocasia Black Beauty underneath their far reaching branches. Then about the beginning of September when acorns began to fall, I was in horror LOL I dug up 1 Mayan Mask and potted it and moved another to a different bed closer to the house at the ends of oak tree branches.

The picture is the one I potted up. I brought it inside about a week ago and it grew a new leaf already. It really likes the window I have it in and receives light from about 9am to 1pm. Hopefully, it will still get good light once the time changes tonight. Otherwise , I will have to move it to a corner in my bedroom where it will have a window on each side...one offers morning light, the other afternoon light. Growing in the pot with it is Asparagus densiflorus 'Sprengeri' and Philodendron Xanadu.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America