Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Insect and Spider Identification: dnkcummins picture (CLOSED: What kind of insect is this?)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright dnkcummins

Subject: CLOSED: What kind of insect is this?

Forum: Insect and Spider Identification

bookmark
Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of CLOSED: What kind of insect is this?
dnkcummins wrote:
I am by no means a bug enthusiast, but I find these all over my house in Raleigh, North Carolina and I am very curious what it could be. It is definitely an insect, I clearly see 6 legs, and no more. But when it moves, it looks like a caterpillar. It walks very slowly and often will stay motionless for long periods of time. Overall, it is about the size of your average American ant (less than 1/2 inch long). Relatively speaking, it has a long abdomen that, when antagonized or threatened, flares out like the pedals of a flower. It is various shades of brown and appears to be striped laterally across its back. It is so small, that I had difficulty getting a picture of it with any clear focus. But I have attached the best that I could do.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America