Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Voting Booth: grammyphoeb picture (Who are we?)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright grammyphoeb

In reply to: Who are we?

Forum: Voting Booth

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Who are we?
grammyphoeb wrote:
I'm a gardening grammy living with a husband, daughter and 6 year old autistic grandson. My husband will help with things I can't lift, but I usually try to figure out a way to do them myself. He does rake most of the autumn leaves and then shreds them in a chipper so I can put them back on my gardens to compost over the winter. He also was a life saver when I bought lumber for raised beds to fit in metal corner units. The lumber I bought was rough cut and would not fit in the corners - Oopps! My DH chiseled out 16 boards, both ends, to fit in the corners to make 4 raised beds. I used the raised beds to grow veggies with my grandson as an attempt to get him to eat some veggies. The pic shows the end result. The gardens are mostly my domain where I can get away from life for a while and that's the way I like it. Eleanor

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America