Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Insect and Spider Identification: jf998247 picture (CLOSED: Spider Identification: big picture!)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright jf998247

Subject: CLOSED: Spider Identification: big picture!

Forum: Insect and Spider Identification

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of CLOSED: Spider Identification: big picture!
jf998247 wrote:
Found this little critter resting along the baseboard in my living room here in East Bend, North Carolina.

I tried to put part of a pen in the image for scale, but didn't want to spook it. It looked to be about 4.5 inches in span, counting the legs.

We get lots of gigantic garden spiders and orb weavers out here, but those just hang out up in their gorgeous webs and this was definitely not one of them. I've never seen a spider this big inside my house before, and I don't have any webs in here!

Can anybody give a tentative ID on it? Thank you so much.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America