Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Poultry and Livestock: mqiq77 picture (After 40 years I have chickens again)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright mqiq77

Subject: After 40 years I have chickens again

Forum: Poultry and Livestock

bookmark
Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of After 40 years I have chickens again
mqiq77 wrote:
I have visited this fourm, before, but didn't have any pictures. I am a chicken (Nut ), and felt that a home was not really a home, without chickens. Two other friends were talking around me, about ordering a shipment of chickens.I was ask to join them, to help with shipping, and the order.I did all this, being very secretly, and a little sneeking, but they came on the first Fri., in march, and it was cooler, than I had expected, so I moved them to the back porch, where it was warmer, and muck handier. Just imagine the shock. I want to point out, that I have a very understanding wife, and lucky me, for having her, it sure could be worse.
I have since built two complete chicken tractors, and have given away more eggs, since I started with them, and soon after I got them, DW had to have a knee replacement, this was Apr. I use to tend a large vegie garden, but this year I had to leave it go.DW says it was the chickens, but I says "Driving Miss Daisy ", was more accurate. On the other hand, I have not found time for another thing, like wood working, and Black smithing .I still enjoy my chickens, but did agree with her to get rid of all, but three.I feel like I will be able to do all my activitites next spring, but I agreed to let five hens, and the rooster go, and more certin the rooster. The neighbor who shovels her dog poo, over on my natural area, and scrape all their greese, from the skillet, is the one complainning about the rooster. Always. Mike

Can you imagine this, I'm going up to N.C. to visit my Bro, who has advanced cancer, and my sister's husband has been talking about getting chickens, and just called, and wants me to bring the five give-a-ways to him. He has a place prepaired. Do wonders never seese Mike

This message was edited Nov 13, 2012 5:00 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America