Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: 77sunset picture (The Dragon has woken again. )

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

Subject: The Dragon has woken again.

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of The Dragon has woken again.
77sunset wrote:
My dracunculis vulgaris ( Dragon or Voodoo lily)
is flowering . This year there are two more buds coming.
Each year the older flower gets bigger and bigger. I am hoping for a large clump the same as the original that mine came from.
Yes they do smell awful, but only for a few days and you have to be close anyway.
I think they are worth the bad smell.
I had to move it last year as the greenhouse was going where is was. It has done even better where it sits now and I found a tiny one coming up in the old site in the greenhouse. I will pot it later when it dies off.
I have 3 others of similar type down in the shadehouse, I am hopeful I will see them flower one day.
Jean.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America