Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: ianperry picture (Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ianperry

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012
ianperry wrote:
Hi all, I just had to plant up some more seeds again, this time to make room to play with my Quesnelia flower. i bought this plant flowering on 22-07-12 and have been watching for any sign of change in where i hoped seeds might be. Gently I have been peeling back the crepe like layers and viewing inside.. I think it was on Thursday that i saw the first seed pod plump and pink in colour. There were a lot of brown ones but they were empty. The pink one actually had seeds within. I just hope that they are ripe, too late now as I have cut the flower off. I have a few piccies of how to find the seed pods. I think the piccies will explain how to find them more than my words. I have no idea how to fertilise the flowers so that Mother makes the seeds form. That is something that I need to look into. I am still experimenting and if anyone tells me it can't be done, then I see it as a challenge.If there is a will there is a way (and a relative). It is now time to feed the inner man, Will be back later.
Pic 1 Quesnelia mature flower with seed pods hidden under crepe like covers.
Pic 2 Pink/red seed pods with covers taken off.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America