Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: bromishy picture (Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bromishy

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012
bromishy wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Super quick look in tonight as I have book work to do, hope I can stay awake to get some of it done.

Fantastic pics everyone, Shirley I agree totally with Nev, WOW your Neo Camelot is very different to any that I have seen, I like yours so much better than mine, that white banding is amazing, what a prize plant you have there.

Nev, that brom of mine you mentioned might be Neo Nobel Descent or Nobel Descent Two, was labled by who ever Germaine purchased from as Aussie D Seedling? Nev do you have any pics you can post so I can compare thanks?

Nev that temp shade area you liked is very easy to construct, I just put the tomato stake structure up first then tackle the shade cloth in sections so that if any get damaged one panel can be removed and replaced, I will eventually change the bamboo ends that make it look so out of shape with more of the tomato stakes to achieve a more even line. I constructed a smaller version else where in the garden and it's still standing like when I first put it up a year ago and has really served it's purpose protecting my broms from falling mangos and avocados that just roll off as well as helps keep the leaf litter away. I attach the shade cloth to the fence with zip ties.

Nev your Neo Ashanti reminds me so much of my Neo Cliff Siverd, are they at all related??? Thanks for letting me know that your Pic 5 was Pink Sensation - what a beautiful brom.

Good news the last of the Kookaburra's has left the nest and we heard them all singing to one another when I got home from work and I was so pleased that he or she finally got the courage to take a flying leap out of the nest so to speak lol. If I had been there at the time I would have probably had to cover my eyes praying they would have a safe landing, but it must have because no baby Kookaburra anywhere in site.

Anyway I better get started on that dreaded bookwork :(

Just one pic tonight of Ae Ensign that I only paid a couple of dollars for because it had a great deal of bottom leaf damage that I have cut away:

Night All!

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America