Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: works4me picture (Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012
works4me wrote:
Hi all, was it hot today or what !!! We didnít get the storm that was predicted this arvo so I am hoping it wonít be as hot tomorrow as forecast, up in the high thirties.

Bree, shame about the damage to your neo purple surprise, it looks like a nice brom. I remember seeing a pic of one of your vrieseas (I think it was vr gigantea) a while back that was damaged by falling palm fronds your partner cut down Ö hopefully just the one incident caused the damaged to both plants.

Nev, cameras are tricky arenít they. My neo Camelot is not white but a pale yellow-green colour but still a very eye catching plant. It is certainly paler in colour than another neo Camelot I have but the markings are similar. It is still quite young, my daughter gave it to me in June as a large pup. I will make a note that you would like a pup and post more pics as it grows and you can let me know if you are still interested.

Nev, I really like your neos, especially neo Narelle, I will have to see if Wendy has another one and also your neos Ashanti and Ice White River. I have a neo Pink Star which looks similar to yours but the BCR shows it as a variegated plant (albo marginated).

Trish, as I mentioned to Nev, my neo Camelot is actually pale yellowish green but getting paler as it matures. Lots of white on your ae Ensign, I like the colouring.

Sue, hope you are recovering from your cold, guess it has slowed you down a bit hey!!

Hi to Ian and Wendy

Tonightís pic is my Nid Innocenti coming into bloom.

Till tomorrow, Shirley

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America