Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: works4me picture (Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012
works4me wrote:
Hi all, was it hot today or what !!! We didnít get the storm that was predicted this arvo so I am hoping it wonít be as hot tomorrow as forecast, up in the high thirties.

Bree, shame about the damage to your neo purple surprise, it looks like a nice brom. I remember seeing a pic of one of your vrieseas (I think it was vr gigantea) a while back that was damaged by falling palm fronds your partner cut down Ö hopefully just the one incident caused the damaged to both plants.

Nev, cameras are tricky arenít they. My neo Camelot is not white but a pale yellow-green colour but still a very eye catching plant. It is certainly paler in colour than another neo Camelot I have but the markings are similar. It is still quite young, my daughter gave it to me in June as a large pup. I will make a note that you would like a pup and post more pics as it grows and you can let me know if you are still interested.

Nev, I really like your neos, especially neo Narelle, I will have to see if Wendy has another one and also your neos Ashanti and Ice White River. I have a neo Pink Star which looks similar to yours but the BCR shows it as a variegated plant (albo marginated).

Trish, as I mentioned to Nev, my neo Camelot is actually pale yellowish green but getting paler as it matures. Lots of white on your ae Ensign, I like the colouring.

Sue, hope you are recovering from your cold, guess it has slowed you down a bit hey!!

Hi to Ian and Wendy

Tonightís pic is my Nid Innocenti coming into bloom.

Till tomorrow, Shirley

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America