Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: weed_woman picture (Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012
weed_woman wrote:
Good moning all. Sorry I have been AWOL again. I actually just got home from 5 nights in Fiji, with a cold, so now I can see you will all feel very sorry or me! Heh heh. I had my computer, but was just too busy enjoying the sights and people of Fiji, as well as my family, to spend much time catching up, although I did read everyones posts.
I got back o a rather warm day, 1 foot tall grass and gum tree bark everywhere! Hubby and I aleady took care of most of the lawns yesterday afternoon, while it was cool, and I also got the bunker watered, and will water the brom house this morning, and the brom igloo this afternoon. Its good to be home, even though there is work waiting for me. I'd go stir crazy if there wasn't something to be done! The first load of washing is almost done and its only just turned 6am. Its a lovely fifteen degrees this morning!
So, in the pic at the top of this thread, on the top left is Neo. 'Inferno' and top centre is Neo. 'Rosey Morn', centre is Neo. 'De Rolf' which is flowering, so pups will follow.
Everyone has had such lovely things to show, and it sounds as though you have all been busy with either garden make overs, or the usual bromeliad chores of potting up and de-pupping. Its a busy time of year in the brom garden.
Sorry I haven't got any pics yet, but I will take some later in the day and post them tomorrow. I will leave you with a photo of what I had to endure in Fiji.
Sue
ps, Nev, I cringed when I read how you burned yourself. I do hope you have some pain killers to take away the worst of it? Silly duffer! I'm guessing you have been banned from the kitchen?

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America