Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: ianperry picture (Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ianperry

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
ianperry wrote:
Hi all. Nothing much happening here. Too hot to work outside but did some watering and tried to fertilise Til Velientina. I also collected some pollen from same and froze it following instructions from Garden web. I collected and screened my Ques seed, there are a few there so now I am drying them to make handling easier This is my usual proceedure. I looked at my Ae blanchettiatas and some are almost flowering. 3 spikes that I saw today and a few pups all in full sun.I just planted a few seeds to see if they will germinate. It is a funny thing with Ques that information is scarce. A lot of times here I am in way over my head, I have only been collecting broms for 2 years this coming March, but I have gone at it boots and all .
Wendy I love Neo burle marxii, it is a species and I have been told it is good for hybridising with. Seed parents influence shape and size. Pollen parents influence the colour" Jacob Koning" I need to keep learning and it appears that if I throw enough pollen around i might get a good result accidentally, but if I plan it then I possibly use less pollen. I also like that purple concentrica, wouldn't mind 1 if you ever get a spare, buy or swap I don't care.
Sue, You poor devil having to suffer the sights of Figi and not a brom in sight in that pic. Are you suffering from Brom withdrawls.
Nev I love the cluster of N mini mini skirt, mine has only 2 plants as yet,but that pic shows me what posibles there are. I guess accidents happen. I feel for you.
Have a good one
Ian
Pic 1 Ananas bracteata in a friends garden.
Pic 2 Ae that i have not searched for name as yet.
Pic 3 Til velietina that I tried to fertilise today.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America