Photo by Melody

Beginner Flowers: davidsl88 picture (Simply: How to I save Coleus over winter )

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright davidsl88

In reply to: Simply: How to I save Coleus over winter

Forum: Beginner Flowers

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
davidsl88 wrote:
Yikes! And so destructive without a good snow cover. I guess I'll have to go farther south when I'm finally ready to ditch the weather here for good - how far away are you from those beaches? Are those Elephant Ears? They're beautiful - what do you do with those?

We've had mild winters with little snow and 'high' temps which confuses the flora (and drives me nuts). Bulbs and greenery sprout, roses bloom... Then winter comes back, we get whacked with the Polar Express (O Canada!) and it's all over... It's nerve-racking when there's not enough snow for insulation. I think we had less than 12" of snow all of last year and only a few days here and there when we suffered those bitter temps. But 2 years ago we had record snow and I'm pretty sure I paid off plow guy's truck! Here's a couple pics of the backyard and one looking out my kitchen window at the sunroom roof. The snow was higher but the day before I took this pic the temp was over 65 and melted it down quite a bit.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America