Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: weed_woman picture (Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012
weed_woman wrote:
Wow, thats never happened before! No one been on all night?
Hi Nev, you posted just before me yesterday. I potted up some of the large seedlings from you, yesterday, and took some photos. I think i will be planting them out in the garden, as they will be quite large I think.
On thursday, I repotted all my Cryptanthus in African violet mix. I only have four varietes, C. bivattatus, C. 'Ruby' (thanks Jen), C. 'Lime Frost' (yawn) and C. Osyrus, which is a beauty. It will be interesting to see how they do.
I also potted a heap of pups that I removed when transporting all the plants home.There are still several left to pot, as well as about 20-30 Aechmea blanchettiana pups. My concern is.....where to put them?
Have fun at your sale today, Wendie.
Trish, enjoy your weeken at home.
Shirley, I hope the weather is kind to you, and you find a bargain while out brom shopping.
Ian, I'm still checking that seed, and it is almost ripe!
Happy gardening all, and hello to Karen, Jen, Tash, Jean and any lurkers looking in.
Sue
Photo one is Xportmea 'Luis Ariza Julia'
Photo two is Portea leptantha x A. blanchettiana
Photo three is A. eurycorymbus
all seedlings from Nev, an getting good colour
Photo four is labelled Guzmania whittmackii purple x sanguinea, and it has a few white lines in the leaves
photo five is the Cryptanthus collection, with old mother C 'Ruby' on the left, C. 'Lime frost' at the rear, C. 'Osyrus' at the front (with size 9 Jandal for comparison) and a pot of C. bivattatus to the right
Sue

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America