Calling all writers, especially those who wax poetic! If you have a way with words, here's your chance to put pen to paper and try your hand at writing an award-winning piece for us. Find all the details on our contest page.
pirl wrote: Once again, Bill the caladium guy is back with his special discount for DG people - 15% off. His bulbs are the best. In the past I've tried them from other places but there is no comparison to Bill's offerings.
1. Red Flash (mammoth sized bulb) planted in a pot inside of a big piece of driftwood.
2. Look at the size of the leaf! It's 20" - amazing. This Red Flash was planted in an attached brick planter.
3. Lance Whorton in one of the garage window boxes - almost total shade. It only gets very early morning sun for a short time.
4. Florida Fantasy did quite well with the red impatiens.
5. Okay, so this one isn't in a container, but look at Gypsy Rose in partial shade! The following week the storm, Irene, came along and took down the tree that gave the shade but the caladium continued giving us pleasure until November.