Photo by Melody

Beginner Gardening Questions: SavvyDaze picture (Pebble tray/ Indoor Humidity question)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright SavvyDaze

In reply to: Pebble tray/ Indoor Humidity question

Forum: Beginner Gardening Questions

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
SavvyDaze wrote:
I rotate the humidifier between 2 rooms, sometimes once a day, and sometimes every other day. So, I wanted the to use the pebble trays for the room/plants during the time the humidifier in is the other room. My ferns are positioned away from drafty doors, but it seemed like no matter where I put them, a ceiling vent was aiming at them because we have a ceiling vent on each side of the room. The only alternative I had was to put them on tables in certain areas, shut the vent above them, or aim it as far away from them as possible, but then they would receive direct sunlight from the east for a few hours.

I'll break down each fern in its own post & describe the issues along with pictures:

Rabbit's Foot Fern: New, center fronds grow and begin yellowing when it reaches about 2 inches in height and the middle of the fern is becoming bare because of this. Older growth is green and appears healthy. I mist it at least once a day and it sits on a pebble tray out of direct sunlight. If the soil doesn't stick to my finger when I put it 1/2 way in the soil, then I water until it runs out the bottom of the pot.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America