Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Beginner Gardening Questions: SavvyDaze picture (Pebble tray/ Indoor Humidity question)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright SavvyDaze

In reply to: Pebble tray/ Indoor Humidity question

Forum: Beginner Gardening Questions

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Pebble tray/ Indoor Humidity question
SavvyDaze wrote:
Bird's Nest Fern:

Did fine in a bright bathroom for awhile but one day I noticed a frond had a brown circular area near the tip of a frond. I cut it off and within the next few days began noticing some tips were browning and some were crispy. I watered good (but not in the center where the crown is) and made sure it wasn't in the pathway of the overhead vent. It wasn't. However, the entire wall behind the counter the fern was on, is one big mirror which faces the window. I thought maybe the sunlight was reflecting and burning the tips. So, 2 days ago I moved it to the corner of my bedroom to the bottom of a plant stand, and even though it is by an east and south facing window, it is far below the windows where the sun doesn't reach, but would be sheltered from direct sun by a lot of surrounding plants anyway. The ceiling vent above this area is closed, and even though it receives no direct sunlight in this position, it does receive high, bright light. I hope that this turns out to be a good place for it. I also mist daily, but not on the crown.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America