Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: works4me picture (Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012
works4me wrote:
Hi all, we have internet access again tonight, finally, though it is intermittent. I am so over BigPond and their stuff ups, anyway, I thought I would post while I can. I havenít had a chance yet to read all the posts and there appears to be lots of them and hopefully I will catch up over the next couple of days. If I happen to disappear again, you can bet that BigPond/Telstra is to blame.

We have had quite a few heavy showers over the last couple of days. Monday morning it absolutely bucketed down for more than an hour. It didnít do much for the garden though as I went out to plant something after it stopped and when I moved aside the mulch, the ground was dry underneath. I couldnít believe that it could rain so heavily and so little of it soak into the soil. We do have green grass again though still a bit patchy and the gardens are starting to look better, see pic.

Nev, I hope your burns have healed by now. Love the pics of your garden and shadehouse. By the way, Nev, the Galactic Warrior in the pic in my last post is almost 90 cm (three feet) from tip to tip.

Sue, hope your cold has improved and you are feeling better now. And if you do get any spare pups from Ae Rodco down the track, could you please keep one for me.

Wendy, hope your sale continued to go well over the weekend. I have managed to squeeze my lovely new broms into their new home. I havenít taken photos as yet, sorry guys, but will get some in the next couple of days. Some very nice broms came home with me, thanks Wendy, but I would have loved so many more Ö thereís always next time though I might have to wait till we get that shadehouse extension completed.

Hi to Trish, Bree, Jen, Colleen, Ian and anyone else looking in. Lots of catch up reading to do, so many lovely pics to check out. Hope I'll be back tomorrow.

Bye for now, Shirley

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America