Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: weed_woman picture (Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012
weed_woman wrote:
good morning all.
Shirley, are those Cuban Royal palms in your pic? They look massive! I am glad you have got some internet access and i have my fingers crossed for you, that it stays active. I am jealous that you can get to Wendys sales. One day..............
Ian, I tried for ages to make sense of your post. heh heh. I was sure there was a hidden message in there somewhere! Your Portea seedlings are huge for their age. Are all the orchids your wifes? There doesn't look like there is much more room for broms, and now i know why you moved some to the garden.
Trish, I cracked up when you posted 'Trish, I wish you would shut up for a bit' ! Heh heh. I don't feel that way at all about you and your posts, and think its lovely that you are such a sharing, caring person. This thread, and everyone who posts in it, have become like family, and usually, when I've ever met a DG member, they are everything I've imagined them to be. I've yet to meet you, Shirley, Karen, Ian, Bree and Colleen, although I have had marathon telephone calls with Colleen in the past, so i feel like i've met her already.
I like your N. 'Lime and Lava' and the selection of broms in the new garden bed looks very attractive as well. You manage to keep quite busy and get things done despite your working life, and the odd slack attack. We all have those!
Bree, I hope you can make it on saturday, and a visit to the botanical gardens will be very rewarding. I hope the glass house is open, as they had a bit of theiving there a few years ago, and now its only open on selected days. i will look into it today for you. Apparently Peter Tristram provided some bromeliads for the display there, and last time I looked, it was really stunning. I like your Neo Nelson, and think I have alot of the same plants as in your other photos, in Leisas garden. If you get here, you will no doubt recognise them.
Nev, I actually like your idea of bill with the Chainsaw. It would suit his 'bah-humbug' hat! I will suggest it to him today. The family will all understand.
I'm looking forward to your experiment with the A. 'Mends' and might do the same with my 'Rodcos' (shirley, you are first on the list for a pup) What type of fertiliser will you use? I will use a teaspoon of Nutricote (3-4 month) and then foliar feed with thrive once a fortnite and see how it responds. I suspect it will lose colour, but I can always get it back in winter when the fertiliser stops.
I had some friends over for a xmas lunch yesterday, and didn't do much around the garden, but did pick up three bins of bark. There is plenty more to pick up, and it is still falling!
Photo one is Neoregelia 'Mr Odean'
photo two is showing Billbergia 'Dark Ladd' in front. It is even darker than the picture!
Photo three is Neo. 'Cockabell'
Photo four is N. 'Freddie' after about 3 years of growth. Still small and has thrown novars.
Photo five is a NOID that i really like, and I love the little ring of flowers.
Till tomorrow
Sue

This message was edited Dec 12, 2012 6:15 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America