Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: ianperry picture (Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ianperry

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012
ianperry wrote:
Hi all, another dry day with a bit of wind building up tonite. We also had a few drops of rain, could you call it that and now a clear sky. A stove repair today so no work with my broms, i have to eat first so that I can do other things.
Yay success with Quesnelia seeds ,some have germinated sort of today 8 days after planting.
Nev that Bil if it is the big red one is Catherine wilson. It has nice colour I think.
That plant Stars and Bars reminds me of one that I think Trish posted a few months ago and called it Twotone. I am not saying it is the same plant but I am just going on memory and think i see similarities. I could also be barking up the wrong tree. It is a beautiful plant no matter what it's name is.
Sue Some of the orchids were mine but I got dissilusioned with them, I knew it all and couldn't learn. She now buys them and expects me to look after them. The get the same treatment as my broms. that is all i have time for.
I have to build some crash barriers over my outside broms to keep the palm fronds from falling on them. That is an early next year project. Unlike Trish i am not going to climb to remove them.
There are lots of nice piccies shared by everyone.
I haven't seen or heard anything of mike since i joined here.
Oh No Very cherry seems a popular plant here
Have a good one
ian
Pic 1 Ae noid seedlings planted 24 06 12
Pic2 Neo mini noid in a 3" pot
Pic 3 Bil Catherine wilson some time ago
Pic 4 Bil Estrelle
Pic 5 Bil Noid

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America