Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: ianperry picture (Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ianperry

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012
ianperry wrote:
Hi all, another dry day with a bit of wind building up tonite. We also had a few drops of rain, could you call it that and now a clear sky. A stove repair today so no work with my broms, i have to eat first so that I can do other things.
Yay success with Quesnelia seeds ,some have germinated sort of today 8 days after planting.
Nev that Bil if it is the big red one is Catherine wilson. It has nice colour I think.
That plant Stars and Bars reminds me of one that I think Trish posted a few months ago and called it Twotone. I am not saying it is the same plant but I am just going on memory and think i see similarities. I could also be barking up the wrong tree. It is a beautiful plant no matter what it's name is.
Sue Some of the orchids were mine but I got dissilusioned with them, I knew it all and couldn't learn. She now buys them and expects me to look after them. The get the same treatment as my broms. that is all i have time for.
I have to build some crash barriers over my outside broms to keep the palm fronds from falling on them. That is an early next year project. Unlike Trish i am not going to climb to remove them.
There are lots of nice piccies shared by everyone.
I haven't seen or heard anything of mike since i joined here.
Oh No Very cherry seems a popular plant here
Have a good one
ian
Pic 1 Ae noid seedlings planted 24 06 12
Pic2 Neo mini noid in a 3" pot
Pic 3 Bil Catherine wilson some time ago
Pic 4 Bil Estrelle
Pic 5 Bil Noid

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America