Photo by Melody

Insect and Spider Identification: betulo picture (infestation in the house?)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright betulo

Subject: infestation in the house?

Forum: Insect and Spider Identification

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of infestation in the house?
betulo wrote:
Hi,

The day of hurricane Sandy we were left without electricity, and I got a couple of recently cut black locust logs from a neighbor to light a fire. Of course, my wife wasn't to keen on the idea of using the fireplace for the first time ever, and that idea fell by the wayside. In the meantime, the logs were left inside by the fireplace.

Today the idea that I could have brought into the house termites suddenly popped into my mind, and I inspected the logs. To my surprise, there were tons of ants, some of the winged - I'm attaching some pics of them, but I presume they are ants.

The question stems from the fact that under the fireplace grate, there were these cocoons or eggs forming tiny fuzzy white balls. I have no idea if these go together with the ants, or it is a different problem.

Any help will be very welcome. Thanks in advance.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America