Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Insect and Spider Identification: MajorPyro picture (CLOSED: Weird little bug I've never seen before...)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright MajorPyro

Subject: CLOSED: Weird little bug I've never seen before...

Forum: Insect and Spider Identification

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of CLOSED: Weird little bug I've never seen before...
MajorPyro wrote:
Hi everyone! Very nice to meet you all. I'm new, just trying to solve my little mystery here and this was the first insect forum that popped in the search. Chances are I'll be back again because I can't resist taking pics of bugs I've never seen. Now if I can just find that old camera...lol.

Anywho, I was over at a friends house and he was pulling stalks off of his ... smokable plant of questionable legality (only added as reference in case this bug is attracted to it normally) ... and this little critter came crawling out of one of the buds laying on the table. It was maybe 1 - 1.5 cm long. There was no discernible head or face that I could identify but it was moving towards the top left of this shot if that helps any. While it appears to be solid white; the small protuberances extending from it actually seemed milky and translucent. I tried to flip it over and get a count of its legs but the little bugger was very adept at folding backwards and righting itself afterwards. The quick look I got of them showed me they were very thin and short. I'm merely curious if anyone can identify it because I've never seen one of its like and neither had my friend.

Thanks a bunch in advance and have a great day.

MajorPyro

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America