Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: bromishy picture (Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bromishy

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012
bromishy wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Another day closer to the weekend – yeah!

Well I managed to get a couple of broms potted last night so I was pleased with that but I still have a good 12 left to pot and we have visitors arriving Saturday so I better get a move along as the weekends are going to be a blur from here into the New Year.

Nev / Shirley I will be posting the Pink Gingers to you this Saturday morning, hope you get them in time for Xmas?

Hi Bree the Pic 2 NOID I posted yesterday and the day before is of the mother of the pup I have growing just about ready to post in the mail to you. Can you please D-Mail me with your Contact/Postal info when you get a chance. Glad to hear you still like it though lol, it will be great in your garden because it can take a lot of sun as it has thick leathery leaves so will do great in your garden and pups well. The pup I have for you is just starting to get some flecks of color.

Bree I will try to find a pic of my Vanda in flower, I remember when I brought it from an Orchid show this year it grew two beautiful large flower spikes each side of the Orchid with a wonderful spray of flowers that were just gorgeous, anyway hopefully I am able to track down the photos otherwise hopefully the next time it flowers I will take some pics to post.

Bree I will re-post a pic of Neo ‘Two Tone’ which is very different to your Neo ‘Stars and Bars’, good try though Ian for taking a guess.

Hi Wendy, sounds like you and Johnny are going to be very busy indeed potting up those 100 seedlings and will have saved 2 years up your sleeves. Sounds like you came home with a great haul of broms and that you did very well. Look forward to seeing pics of your newly acquired purchases.

Wendy we are so pleased to hear that Max is doing better, thanks for keeping us up to speed on how he is going.

Ian it would be great to see the contraption you are thinking of building to catch palm fronds falling on your broms. Yeah I know climbing on the roof to cut palm fronds sounds a bit daunting but I am not scared of heights and because the palm tree is so close to our house roof top I think it would be the easiest approach for me.

Hi Shirley thank for clarifying that under those large beautiful palm trees of yours sits Succulents not Bromeliads, as you say at least if they get smashed with a palm frond bits of the succulents will just break off and grow again, they are not lost forever. I have a collection of succulents at home that I really like because they are so easy to grow and strike cuttings from.

Shirley I adore the pics you posted of Galactic Warrior, their leaf spans are massive, what a standout of the crowd brom they are.

Shirley best of luck with sorting out your internet issues with the complaints dept, I hope matter gets sorted before Xmas.

Hi Sue that explains why your Neo ‘Mister Odean’ has different coloring to mine, yeah mine lives outside and gets sun up until about 11am, I have a couple of identical pairs of them in different parts of the garden and they are exactly the same color. I do still like yours though just color is so much softer in color.

Oh Sue I adore the Xmas pic you posted of Hubby and You and the Chainsaw, too funny! You guys look like such a happy go lucky, down to earth kind of people, I was so pleased that you posted the pic to share with all of us. You look great in your garden attire sporting tools and all, that’s kind of how I get around in the garden and I am sure my hubby hates that I wear the same baseball cap all the time which is my Hamilton Island Renegade Fishing Charters cap that I luv but has seen better days.

Sue the Neo ‘Ashanti’ pic you posted is gorgeous; I already have this one on my Want List because my favorite color is purple. I have seen it on EBay a couple of times but got out bided – darn lol. Anyway sooner or later I will track one down I just have to learn to be patient along with the others on my Want List.

Hi Nev yes wouldn’t it be great if we could by a big bottle of rain with all the right additives from Bunnings, trouble is I would constantly be spraying it in my face to get a fix given how much I have missed it lol.

Yeah Nev maybe everything balances out in the end when it comes to having enough time in the garden. I know that since been in the Mining Industry instead of the Construction Industry that this has well and truly freed up some of my weekend time as I used to have to work most Saturdays, as well as I used to bring a lot work home with me during the week and worked late hours. Now I have every weekend off and find time during the week to run personal errands during my lunch break, catch up with friends for lunch. I was pleased with myself this year because I got to get my Xmas cards out in time and that’s not normally the case.

Nic Pics you posted Nev of Neo ‘Mister Odean’ and the different seasons of Neo ‘Midnight Moment’, you could easily think these are of all different broms when they are all the same.

Anyway that’s it for me this evening.

Big Hi to Anyone looking in and Happy Gardening!

Trish

Pic 1 – Neo ‘Two Tone’ (Mother and Pups – pic taken a year ago) 4394
Pic 2 – Neo ‘Two Tone (close up of pup) 4397
Pic 3 – Neo ‘Two Tone (close up of old mum) 4395
Pic 4 Hi Everyone!

Another day closer to the weekend – yeah!

Well I managed to get a couple of broms potted last night so I was pleased with that but I still have a good 12 left to pot and we have visitors arriving Saturday so I better get a move along as the weekends are going to be a blur from here into the New Year.

Nev / Shirley I will be posting the Pink Gingers to you this Saturday morning, hope you get them in time for Xmas?

Hi Bree the Pic 2 NOID I posted yesterday and the day before is of the mother of the pup I have growing just about ready to post in the mail to you. Can you please D-Mail me with your Contact/Postal info when you get a chance. Glad to hear you still like it though lol, it will be great in your garden because it can take a lot of sun as it has thick leathery leaves so will do great in your garden and pups well. The pup I have for you is just starting to get some flecks of color.

Bree I will try to find a pic of my Vanda in flower, I remember when I brought it from an Orchid show this year it grew two beautiful large flower spikes each side of the Orchid with a wonderful spray of flowers that were just gorgeous, anyway hopefully I am able to track down the photos otherwise hopefully the next time it flowers I will take some pics to post.

Bree I will re-post a pic of Neo ‘Two Tone’ which is very different to your Neo ‘Stars and Bars’, good try though Ian for taking a guess.

Hi Wendy, sounds like you and Johnny are going to be very busy indeed potting up those 100 seedlings and will have saved 2 years up your sleeves. Sounds like you came home with a great haul of broms and that you did very well. Look forward to seeing pics of your newly acquired purchases.

Wendy we are so pleased to hear that Max is doing better, thanks for keeping us up to speed on how he is going.

Ian it would be great to see the contraption you are thinking of building to catch palm fronds falling on your broms. Yeah I know climbing on the roof to cut palm fronds sounds a bit daunting but I am not scared of heights and because the palm tree is so close to our house roof top I think it would be the easiest approach for me.

Hi Shirley thank for clarifying that under those large beautiful palm trees of yours sits Succulents not Bromeliads, as you say at least if they get smashed with a palm frond bits of the succulents will just break off and grow again, they are not lost forever. I have a collection of succulents at home that I really like because they are so easy to grow and strike cuttings from.

Shirley I adore the pics you posted of Galactic Warrior, their leaf spans are massive, what a standout of the crowd brom they are.

Shirley best of luck with sorting out your internet issues with the complaints dept, I hope matter gets sorted before Xmas.

Hi Sue that explains why your Neo ‘Mister Odean’ has different coloring to mine, yeah mine lives outside and gets sun up until about 11am, I have a couple of identical pairs of them in different parts of the garden and they are exactly the same color. I do still like yours though just color is so much softer in color.

Oh Sue I adore the Xmas pic you posted of Hubby and You and the Chainsaw, too funny! You guys look like such a happy go lucky, down to earth kind of people, I was so pleased that you posted the pic to share with all of us. You look great in your garden attire sporting tools and all, that’s kind of how I get around in the garden and I am sure my hubby hates that I wear the same baseball cap all the time which is my Hamilton Island Renegade Fishing Charters cap that I luv but has seen better days.

Sue the Neo ‘Ashanti’ pic you posted is gorgeous; I already have this one on my Want List because my favorite color is purple. I have seen it on EBay a couple of times but got out bided – darn lol. Anyway sooner or later I will track one down I just have to learn to be patient along with the others on my Want List.

Hi Nev yes wouldn’t it be great if we could by a big bottle of rain with all the right additives from Bunnings, trouble is I would constantly be spraying it in my face to get a fix given how much I have missed it lol.

Yeah Nev maybe everything balances out in the end when it comes to having enough time in the garden. I know that since been in the Mining Industry instead of the Construction Industry that this has well and truly freed up some of my weekend time as I used to have to work most Saturdays, as well as I used to bring a lot work home with me during the week and worked late hours. Now I have every weekend off and find time during the week to run personal errands during my lunch break, catch up with friends for lunch. I was pleased with myself this year because I got to get my Xmas cards out in time and that’s not normally the case.

Nic Pics you posted Nev of Neo ‘Mister Odean’ and the different seasons of Neo ‘Midnight Moment’, you could easily think these are of all different broms when they are all the same.

Anyway that’s it for me this evening.

Big Hi to Anyone looking in and Happy Gardening!

Trish

Pic 1 – Neo ‘Two Tone’ (Mother and Pups – pic taken a year ago) 4394
Pic 2 – Neo ‘Two Tone (close up of pup) 4397
Pic 3 – Neo ‘Two Tone (close up of old mum) 4395
Pic 4 – Neo ‘Sweet Dreams’ 4373
Pic 5 – Neo ‘Flirtation’ 4376

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America