Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: weed_woman picture (Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012
weed_woman wrote:
Hi Nev, I'm back. You're right! I wait until I see your finger poised over the send button, and I post!
I am back because I promised to get back to Bree about the botanic gardens. Bree, unfortunately the glass house isn't open on weekends, because of a theft some time back. Only the rare bromeliads were taken. There are no gardeners present on weekends to keep watch, hence it is only open weekdays. However, there is a 10am tour of the gardens, on the third sunday of every month, and Ros, who feilded my phone call, made a suggestion to remind the tour guide to take the key for the glasshouse, as it is a long walk back to the front office if they forget.
you can peep through the windows of the glasshouse, but it is not the same. Ros also mentioned that they often don't label the plants until they are established, as they noted plants with labels were often theived first. Once established in the ground, they are a bit harder to remove. Sad eh?
Anyway, stinking hot outside, and I have lawns to mow. I'd like to leave it until later, but there are some black clouds hovering about, and i don't know if they will hold off. I did get a bit of potting done,and washed some pots as well.
Can anyone ID these plants for me?
First, is photo one Aechmea fendlerii?
photo two, which Aechmea is this?
photo three is the same plant.It is large-ish. Sorry the flower isn't mature yet. If they don't sell this weekend, I will be able to post a photo as it grows.
Now, photo four is a fairly widely grown one, I just can't rmember its name.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America