Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: works4me picture (Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012
works4me wrote:
Hi all, I am still catching up on earlier posts so Iím a bit behind in my responses

Nev, Trish, I have neo Grace x Break of Day but it is quite different to the one you posted, Trish. Itís a large grower, pink and blotchy Ö not as nice as your Ďgold formí. Iíll post a pic of an older pup and I have a couple more which are almost large enough to remove if youíre interested. I also found a couple of good sized pups on a neo which is named chlorostricta F2X which is quite attractive and itís nice underneath too. I have two pups if anyone wants one.

Sue, everything is going well in the garden and shadehouses. And no, we havenít done all of the Xmas shopping yet, itís all just too hard. The shopping centres this time of year are mayhem, and parking an ordeal. We have sent off the gifts for the grandkids interstate and overseas but have been slack in shopping for the three who live locally.

Sue, you will have to sneak off without hubby next time so you can do your shopping in peace. Good luck with your sale tomorrow, hope the weather is kind. Gee, itís hard to believe that anyone would be low enough to steal plants from a glasshouse in botanic gardens, and how brazen must they be. But then, I guess anyone looking on would assume they were employees rearranging or replacing exhibits Ö unbelievable.

Weíre off to buy a new TV tomorrow as one of the two we have going most nights tossed it in last night. We donít watch a lot of TV as this time of year itís mostly crap anyway, but gee, when itís not there you really miss it. We watch the one that went bung from the kitchen while getting dinner ready or clearing up and itís usually news time or current affair which we like to watch. Michael also records from it while we are watching the other one in the family room and it canít be seen from the kitchen so weíll have to replace it.

We went to Sizzlers for lunch today with our neighbours and overindulged somewhat, actually it was more of a pig out. We came home and had a nap and I wonít need to eat again till tomorrow ... I think a cuppa will suffice for dinner tonight.

Anyway, itís after 7:00 pm so I might go organise that cuppa now.

Hi to Wendy, Jen, Ian, Bree, Colleen ... I might be back later.

Pics 1 and 2 are neo Grace x Break of Day, pics 3 and 4 are neo Chlorostricta F2X

Bye for now, Shirley

This message was edited Dec 14, 2012 9:38 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America