Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: works4me picture (Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012
works4me wrote:
Hi everyone, I am posting early tonight Ö must be due to rising early this morning to go to the local market.

Nev, are you still chasing neo Lime & Lava. At the market, one of the brom sellers had two nice Lime & Lava pups, so I bought both of them Ö one for me and one for you, if you are still looking for it. If you have already sourced one, no problem, I will keep both or perhaps someone else would like to have it. Anyway, itís yours for a swap if you want it. It has little marks on a couple of itsí leaves but itís a nice healthy pup, I will post a pic.

I will try to get a neo Chlorostricta F2 pup and the Lime and Lava (if you want it) posted early next week so that they are not held up with the Xmas public hols.

Bree, if you would like the other Chlorostricta F2 pup, just let me know.

Nev, I know what you mean about electrical appliances, trouble is, we generally find that when one thing goes, two more follow ... so fingers crossed. I shouldnít complain as we worked out that the TV that died was probably 14 years old and we never once had an ounce of trouble with it. They donít make Ďem like that anymore. At the risk of hexing myself, our fridge in the kitchen is more than 20 years old and working great. We have another in the games room (actually, itís more of a storage room for good junk) and that must be getting on to 15 years old. Like I said, fingers crossed.

We got our new TV, they are so much cheaper now than they were a few years ago. We could only go to 32Ē as it had to fit into a cabinet. We got an LG 32Ē LED LCD flat screen HDMI TV with all the bells and whistles, for a little over $300.00 and it fits perfectly.

Ian, your neos Red Macaw and Correia Araujoi look quite similar. I have a neo I bought as Correa Araujoi but itís got spots, a bit like neo Marmorata, maybe itís incorrectly named. Iíll see if I can find a pic.

I also bought two unnamed broms at the market, an albo marginated neo which I think could be Predator but there are so many that look so much alike Ö can anyone help me with an ID, please. I also bought an aechmea (I think) and if anyone knows what it is, that would be great. Heís a big fella, about 2 foot high, a lovely maroon-purple-brown colour with silvery streaks and heís a bit spikey but not overly nasty.

Pics are 1 neo Lime and Lava pup (for Nev), 2 my neo named Correia Araujoi (for Ian), 3 unnamed neo, possibly Preditor ? and 4 unnamed aechmea ?

Anyway, time to think about dinner.

Bye for now, Shirley

This message was edited Dec 15, 2012 7:50 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America