Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: ianperry picture (Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ianperry

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012
ianperry wrote:
Hi all, just potted a few more Bil seedlings today, but mostly a day to sit back relax with a book. I know the forecast is for rain tonight but the weather people have been wrong before.
I am planning to build a crash barrier for my plants and Trish asked for some details. My plan is to have a pipe frame about 6' high with some mesh on top in amongst the trees. The mesh ought to catch the branches and at 6' it would be low enough for me to remove them reasonably easily. It could also cover for more shade as necessary. Just add some shade cloth.
I have been thinking that if and when Tim plowman flowers and if I were to cross it with a Bil it possibly would be either Catherine wilson or Bil harland. Both of the bils have nice red colouring. This is just a thought and I am an experimenter. Colour fromk seed parent, form from the pollen parent. I am not ready to try this as yet.
Have a good one.
Ian
Pic 1Neo Moby dick
Pic 2 N painted desert X stormy weather
Pic 3 Acanthrostaccys strobilla seedlings also 2 pots ofCanistrum burchellii
Pic 4 Some tills
Pic 5 Ae Noid,more light more brown

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America