Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: works4me picture (Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012
works4me wrote:
Hi all, well thatís it, another weekend over, only one more before Xmas. We will have to bite the bullet and finish the shopping next week.

Sue, I wish the new TV could at least put the dishes into the dishwasher, but no, it just sits there ... at least the air con can make coffee. Glad you had good weather for your sale.

Wendy, how did you fare with the garden pots on auction. Thanks for the pic of hoenbergia correia araujoi, certainly looks the same and the next pup from neo Chloristricta F2 is yours Wendy, if you want. Mum is getting a bit ragged now but is still producing pups. And we were at Bunnings on Saturday too, didnít see Santa.

Bree, I will wait till the New Year to send you the neo Chlorostricta F2 and maybe I will have something I can send along with it by then. Your neos Amazing Grace and Pot of Gold are very pretty.

Nev, thanks for doing the research on neo Grace X Break of Day. I think I am ready to accept that mine is misnamed. I think your neo Correia Araujoi (shocker of a name) is quite attractive. Mine is still a young plant, I hope its leaves get as wide as yours. I hope to get your two neo pups in the post tomorrow.

Ian, thanks for the ID on my broms. Hope you get some rain soon. Your neo Moby dick is similar to my neo Correia Araujoi but the C-A appears to have wider leaves, as Nev said.

Trish, thanks for sending the gingers, looking forward to getting them and trying my hand at growing them. No hurry for the neo Two Tone pup and since you have written DONíT FORGET into your notes, Iím happy, thanks :o) The Galactic Warrior pup needs to get a bit bigger yet and Iím thinking my neo Grace x Break of Day might be misnamed. Youíre more than welcome to a pup if you still want one, but, another NOID I fear.

Really sorry to hear that your Ae Blanchietiana arrived with a ďbroken neckĒ Trish. Iím not sure what you mean by that, but it doesnít sound too good. I think some of the posties are pretty rough with parcels as a few plants I have purchased on eBay have arrived in pretty poor condition.

Trish, if you have any leftovers from your dinner, Iíd be happy to take them off your hands, especially the spring rolls and pav, two of my favourite foods ... yummm

Anyway, itís nearing midnight so I had better finish up (before I turn into a pumpkin). Pics are two of my recent buys from Wendy, 1 neo fairy floss and 2 neo purple sand.

Bye for now, Shirley

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America