Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: weed_woman picture (Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012
weed_woman wrote:
Good morning all,
Shirley, no idea with the spotty ones I am afraid. There are just so many! I do like the Neo. 'Chantilly', it reminds me a little of one here, I have labelled as N. 'Sunday best'
No I havn't seen the Daikin add. Maybe we don't buy enough air cons here, or maybe daikin doesn't have an outlet in Coffs? Never mind. I will you tube it later.
We had rumbly thunder and storm clouds yesterday....twice.....and got 6 drops of rain! Its very gloomy now, but I won't believe it is going to rain untill i see it!
Wendy, I bet that was an interesting visit with Alan? Poor johnny, stepping in a cow pat. Maybe thats why Alan wears those giant monster feet?
Have nice trip to hervey bay. I bet its lovely up there. Will you visit any growers while away?
Trish, that picture of Neo. 'Grace' x 'Break Of Day' is gorgeous. I hope you get the same results with yours, and that it pups as well s N. 'Break Of day' so you can share one with me :-)
Thanks for clearing up the question of the hammock.It must be how i read your post? Was imagining a hammock with shade cloth over it, and full of mangoes and avocados. It would be a bit of a dream actually, especially with avocados being $3 each here!
No need for money to change hands, re our swap. I'm sure when the time comes and you have something to trade, it will all work out even in the end. I like the idea of a styrofoam box, but can't see them making one in the right size, and it would get a bit exxy to send a large box if they cube it for postage. Anyway, I will try to reinforce the sides somehow, but they must have given the box an almighty bend to get the stolon to break. I'll give it another go after xmas.
Ian, I think you are probably a mad recycler! I think fishtank filter wool is probably good for many things, and the few you've listed are all good examples.
Nev, this is the first pup on A. 'Red Bands' so I'm not familiar with how it should look, but i assumed it was the red bands all squished together that are giving it the red colour? I know my A. chantinii pups are darker when small, and then the stripes stretch out as it grows, making it lighter in colour.
It sounds like you had a good time catching up with friends and watching the kids play. Its a nice time of year for that, and for all the yummy food!
You were saying things tend to break down at the worst moment, well, I think our hot water system could be on the verge of failure. the hot water is a funny colour, and smells very metallic. I wonder how hard it will be to get a plumber on the job at this time of year?
Anyway, I will find that out later today I guess.
Yesterday, i played with broms all day, just cutting old mums out of pots with larger pups, and dead leafing things. i also planted up two garden that were crying out for broms!
I suppose i had better get my day underway. the dogs have had a walk, so I'm not entirely slack!
Sue
photos are before and after
photo five is mature N. 'Break Of day' on the left and immature N. 'Camelot' on the right.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America