Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: bromishy picture (Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bromishy

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012
bromishy wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Hi Nev, Oh No you have drilled a nasty big hole in your thumb OUCH! Gosh you have been in the wars with yourself, I bet it would have hurt like hell and the constant throbbing when you put pressure on it must be painful. Be careful not to hit those keys on the keyboard too hard for the next couple of weeks and give your thumb time to heal, although like Sue I much prefer your long threads and am not content with shorter one’s but understand your finger needs to mend and that we must be patient lol.

Hi Shirley, thanks appreciate very much that you are going to post me the NOID in a couple of weeks + something else – how exciting :)

Shirley I liked all the other NOID broms pics you posted but unfortunately I do not know what they are? I have very similar but I suppose slightly different types of NOIDS in my garden with similar coloring that I have not been able to identify but I like them just the same. The Neo Chantilly pic you posted is very cute, is it a mini and does it grow any bigger?

Shirley I will D-Mail you Ginger Cultural notes tonight, I keep forgetting…

Hi Wendy those Nidularium ‘Nana’ x Neo ‘Medusa’ seedlings are really nice, such a deep dark purple, not like anything I have seen before and I like their beautiful glossy long leaves. How big do these broms get?

Hi Sue yeah by all means with Neo Grace x Break of Day (Gold form) I will put you down for a pup, mind you could be waiting awhile though because my pup is just a pup but it is nice and healthy and has grown a little since I first purchased.

Thanks Sue for the kind offer of sending me down the track another Ae. Orange form, I really appreciate you going to all this trouble.

What a bugger Sue that your Hot Water System is playing up, how annoying is it that such necessities seem do break down this time of year.

Sue I really like all your before and after shots of your garden beds, you have plenty of more room by the looks of the after shots and it looks like you could really put some nice large brom plants in these areas as well as a mixture of anything. Will you grow in rows or mix them up a bit? The garden beds also look like they get a good amount of light also and hopefully heaps of shade from the trees in the beds.

You know I just had a panic attack a short while ago as in all my busyness I had forgot to check on my vriesea seedlings in the nursery for a couple of weeks, anyway I raced out there to check on them and they are doing fine and have grown a bit which is great. I have been getting so side-tracked of late with building all these temp shade structures to protect my broms plus all the other stuff we have been trying to get done around the place. Anyway I am relieved they are ok and that they are growing.

Anyway time to put the kettle on.

Catch you all later and Happy Gardening!

Pic 1 – Vr. Angela x Milky Way
Pic 2 – Vr. Frost Bite x White Bands
Pic 3 – Neo. ‘Kings Ransom’
Pic 4 – Neo ‘Chiquita Linda’
Pic 5 – Vr. Altodaserrae

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America