Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: works4me picture (Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
works4me wrote:
Hi all, we had a few spots of rain this arvo and another light shower tonight. Lots of rumbling but thatís about all.

Nev, sorry to hear about your thumb, bet that smarts Ö the lengths you are prepared to go to just so you can beat Sue to post in the mornings. I reckon she might beat you tomorrow. Jokes aside, I hope you are not in too much pain and it gets better quickly.

Sue, I have so many spotty neos and many of them without a name. Looking at them singly, they all look much the same but when placed together, they all have something special about them that makes them different or is it something different about them that makes them special, whatever!! I still prefer the variegated neos but I seem to be gathering lots of spotty ones lately.

Hope you found a plumber Sue, to fix your hot water system, at least itís not the middle of winter. We got an email from family living in Arnhem in the Netherlands a couple of days ago with a pic of their thermometer showing -13 degrees Ö imagine if it was that cold and no hot water Ö bbrrrr.

Your gardens look so good. Gee, you must get up and get going early, you posted at 6:41 and youíve already walked the dogs Ö

Trish, the ginger plants arrived today, thank you so much. When I picked them up from the post office late this afternoon and saw the crushed state of the box I was dreading what I would find inside. Gosh, they must handle parcels roughly this time of year, it looked like someone had stomped on it a number of times. But, good news, the plants themselves fared somewhat better than the box, they look OK. Can I remind you to send the cultural notes please. Thanks again, Trish. I hope the parcel I sent to Nev arrives without damage, I'm wishing now that I had left it till after the Xmas rush.

I would call neo Chantilly a small grower rather than a mini, Trish, I think itís just gorgeous. Love your pics, especially vr Angela x Milky Way. Vr Altodaserrae is very unusual, I like it.

Jen, great to see you posting again, Love the pics you posted, theyíre all beautiful.

Ian, hope you have a good trip to your daughters and a great Xmas in Dalby. Are there two towns named Dalby in Qld, when I think of Dalby I think of the Darling Downs and wheat farming rather than mining. I like your neo April, a bit like Morado. I was about to say your pic 4 looks like neo Kahala Dawn and no wonder, DG playing tricks with pics again?

Hi to Bree, Colleen, Wendy and anyone Iíve missed.

Pics are 1 neo Mandella, 2 neo Blast, 3 neo ? can anyone help me with an ID please.

Bye for now, Shirley

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America