Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: works4me picture (Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012
works4me wrote:
Hi all, as Jen said, another very hot day here in Brissie today. I did manage to repot a few of my larger vrieseas that were getting very cramped.

No post from Nev today, I hope his thumb hasn’t dropped off. Seriously Nev, I hope it is healing well and you will be back typing up a frenzy again soon.

Sue, I think I will move my neo Cane Fire to where it will get less light as you did with yours as I am still very attracted to the variegated broms. I do like your pic 5 ‘Exotica Satin’ or whatever, love that colour and the striations are clearly visible on the lower leaves.

Bree, I prefer the white margined Cane Fire but wouldn’t part with mine, and I love the colour of Jen’s too.

Jen, hope you are enjoying the school hols. You have some really lovely broms, I have a few that I have bought at Wendy’s sales. I adore Neo marmorata albo and it’s one I have been chasing for a while now. If you ever get a spare pup, I would love to buy or swap please and that lovely neo Cane Fire purple too.

Trish, just one more day and it’s the weekend. Do you have to work Monday, I would imagine a lot of people would be taking a day’s leave and having 5 days off. I feel sorry for the poor shop assistants who get only one day off and then there’s the hectic boxing day sales.

Just a couple of pics tonight, neo hazel mac and an unnamed small black neo.

Bye for now, Shirley

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America