Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: works4me picture (Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
works4me wrote:
Hi all, as Jen said, another very hot day here in Brissie today. I did manage to repot a few of my larger vrieseas that were getting very cramped.

No post from Nev today, I hope his thumb hasn’t dropped off. Seriously Nev, I hope it is healing well and you will be back typing up a frenzy again soon.

Sue, I think I will move my neo Cane Fire to where it will get less light as you did with yours as I am still very attracted to the variegated broms. I do like your pic 5 ‘Exotica Satin’ or whatever, love that colour and the striations are clearly visible on the lower leaves.

Bree, I prefer the white margined Cane Fire but wouldn’t part with mine, and I love the colour of Jen’s too.

Jen, hope you are enjoying the school hols. You have some really lovely broms, I have a few that I have bought at Wendy’s sales. I adore Neo marmorata albo and it’s one I have been chasing for a while now. If you ever get a spare pup, I would love to buy or swap please and that lovely neo Cane Fire purple too.

Trish, just one more day and it’s the weekend. Do you have to work Monday, I would imagine a lot of people would be taking a day’s leave and having 5 days off. I feel sorry for the poor shop assistants who get only one day off and then there’s the hectic boxing day sales.

Just a couple of pics tonight, neo hazel mac and an unnamed small black neo.

Bye for now, Shirley

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America