Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: perke_patch picture (Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright perke_patch

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012
perke_patch wrote:
Shirley you posted while I was posted. Oh and I meant to say that my son had an ospinae in his garden but I didn't get a pic of it. It was leaning up against a tree trunk and growing out into the front into the sun but the pot it came from was a good 3 feet or more away. The pot was still standing upright but the plant had leaned over the side of the pot, grown along the ground till it found something to grow up and lean on. It looked very healthy too and he was waiting for a nice flower spike. I think if he leaves it where it is the pups will grow along the length of trunk on the ground and he will have a mass clump of them. if they all flower simultaniously for him it will be spectacular. I'll get a pic next time we are up there.

pics are of my sons latest additions to his family. they are little bantam chicks that hop on his hand in the cage and he carries them out to scrounge in the gardens among the broms. the white one is called Hope (as Paul says to the girls "hope it's not a rooster or it will feel the axe") and the brown one is called Mia. they are already used to the girls giving them cuddles but they don't willingly hop on their hands yet. Paul is definately their surrogate daddy. Emily loved cuddling them. Pity her dog Indy wouldn't kill anything like this cause she would love to have one.

Night again.
Wendy

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America