Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: works4me picture (Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012
works4me wrote:
Hi everyone, gee I missed one night and I have so much catching up to do tonight.

Wendy, sorry to hear that Max is not well again and also that you lost so many of your billbergia seedlings. When I checked my vriesea seedlings today (tiny little things that they are) there seemed to be fewer of them than there were a couple of days ago. The neo seedlings are coming along really well though. Canít wait for them to get to that Ďmagic ageí you mention when they take off. I love the colour of your ae emmerichiae. Cute chickens too.

Sue, sounds like you are all ready for Xmas. I was surprised to read you are dead heading your agapanthus as mine are only just beginning to bloom. Your neo furnace is lovely, such vibrant colour. Gee, I wish my vr Ospinae looked like yours.

Nev, I have my vr Ospinae in the shade house under 70% shadecloth and I have had it sitting in a saucer of water for the past couple of weeks. I have added your name to the list for pups from neos Hatsumi and Purple Cloud, both are in flower. Hope you enjoyed your family Christmas party.

I found your article on guzmanias very interesting, I might have to ramp up the fertilizing with mine. I will add a couple of pics of a guzmania I purchased back in June. I donít have a name for it but it is a large plant with a large flower. First pic was taken in June, the second in September, unfortunately I havenít taken one recently but the flower is still hanging on, not looking as good now (6 months later) but still quite pretty. Itís a lovely plant, from memory I paid $8.00 for it at the market.

Trish, glad to hear you got some rain and sounds like lots of it. Thanks for adding my name to your Ďpupí list for neos Margaret and Rose Blush, such lovely broms. Any your neo de Rolf is stunning too.

Jean, it will be good to hear more from you next year but I donít think anyone here is going to discourage your brom collecting Ö itís such an enjoyable addiction.

Hi also to Bree, Ian and Jen and anyone else looking in from time to time.

I hope everyone has a very merry and a safe Christmas.

Bye for now, Shirley

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America