Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: brombirdie picture (Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright brombirdie

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012
brombirdie wrote:
Good morning everyone. Hope you had a relaxing Christmas Day and didn't eat too much. Like you Nev, I scored a Bunnings voucher from Santa and can't wait to restock my potting supplies. We even got a bit of rain last night so the broms are looking pretty fresh and happy this morning. Great to hear from you, Podster. It's lovely when brom friends from other parts of the world drop in.
Nev I love your photos, especially Fairy Dust and Burgandy Moss. Perhaps we could arrange a swap sometime. I enjoyed your article about 'Back to Basics'. It's always good to be reminded of growing tips and reassuring to know you're doing some things right. You write very clearly and logically. Great skill to have.
Ian, congratulations on becoming a grandad.Hope you're getting enough sleep and finding things to keep you busy. I'm still waiting for your promised photos. Shirley, that's a beautiful Guzmania. Have to agree with you about Vr. ospinae. Mine always looks skinny and half dead so have stuck it in a corner and ignored it. They look great in a clump so maybe I'd better get it out and make a bit more of an effort. Hope you got a bit of rain too.
Bree, I like the tonings in purple Neos. Very pretty. I f you like Vr seideliana Nova, Wendy gave me some seed of Pink Nova so we both have at least 100 seedlings. Perhaps when they get a bit bigger you might be interested in some.
Trish, hope you and hubby are enjoying your well-earned break. Your broms always look so big and healthy. What do you feed them with? You've obviously created a position that they just love.
Very cute baby frog Sue. Bet your garden is enjoying all the rain. Leisa's Garden is looking very lush and colourful. You are right about Wittrockia superba. It gets quite big and I bought it from Peter last trip.
Wendy, sounds like you've been very busy cooking gingerbread houses. Hope you kept me a bit. Also hope Max is still okay. Is it time for our brom crawl yet? Look forward to seeing your new shadecloth.
Hello to Jean and Colleen.
Have been playing with my Vrieseas this morning so the photos are ones I got from Richard Harper as seedlings. They're starting to show some nice colour as they mature. Catch you soon, Jen

1. Ubeaut x Illusion 2. Milky Way F2 3. Uluru Sunset x Fantasy 4. fenestralis x Speckles 5. platynema variegata x Milky Way.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America