Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: perke_patch picture (Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright perke_patch

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012
perke_patch wrote:
Hi everyone
Sue where do you find the time to do other peoples gardens. We're flat out getting through our own work and there's 2 of us. and you have so much more room to cover than we do. I've never seen a variegated canistropsis before. if you have plenty of them I'd love you to put my name on one. We'll get down to visit you soon. Johnny says he can't stay here when Max goes so we plan to jump in the motorhome and get away for a week or so. I think he is planning on Coffs as we really did love it down there. I'll keep in touch re that. Otherwise if Max hangs maybe Jen and I will do a crawl down that way before school goes back. Either way I think we'll be seeing each other soon .... January sometime.

Nev I love your leudemanniana seedlings. the one I collected the seeds from is pretty much same colour as your seedlins (see pic 1). I am glad to hear they grow fast so I'll keep an eye on them and be ready to pot them up next year. I also put down some seed from ae triangularis (see pic 2) these are growing so fast already I also have 2 of those painted lady seedlings you sent me. they look very much like your pic 4 & 5. Pic 3 is the little hothouse I built for the triangularis seedlings. this is 3 weeks of growing to make these little plants so maybe they will grow as fast as Nev's leudemaniana seedlings.

I just had to share a pic of the gift that Karen gave me. She turned up here with a laundry basket full of epiphyllum plants and cuttings and I've already had 3 new ones flowering but this week we had one of these stunnin pink ones open. Johnny loved it so much he hung it at the very end of a row so as you walked up you couldn't help but see it ahead.

I think I'll have an early night tonight so I'm going to turn off now. Night all.
Wendy

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America