Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: weed_woman picture (Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012
weed_woman wrote:
Hi All.
Jean, your two unknown ones are Vrieseas, probably splenreit. All your babies are doing well. I bet you are happy with them. Did you have a good Xmas?
Bree, your plants are looking good too. Its a great time of year for bromeliads, thats for sure.
Nev, the Thailand broms are beautiful. I think they get great shape with layers of leaves at the expense of flowers, and therefor pups? I'd like to know where they get their broms from if pups are slow or non-existent?
No, no 'Fush and Chups' here, but we did have prawns and oysters! Yum! I know exactly what you are talking about with the keg, and I have seen one made that uses gas to cook, and it also turns out with the meat falling from the bone.
The epidendrum fragrans flower is quite a bit larger than the 'Crucifix' orchid. Its got a few more buds out now, so maybe I'll get a better shot tomorrow and put something with it to show size.
Wendy, its a push doing anyone elses gardens, but I haven't been able to find a reliable, knowledgable gardener to take over the last two jobs. I've had two or three different people try out, and they have made a variety of mistakes, such as ring barking trees when whipper snippering, and mulching straight over the top of weeds, not to mention charging like a wounded bull! Like my garden, I stay on top of the other two, and its never hard work. That pink Epiphyllum is gorgeous.
I've sent you a Dmail about visiting e.t.c.
Ian, when should I post your seeds? Best that you are at home when I do.
Sue
Photo one is Neo. 'Spots And Dots'
Photo two is a NOID Aechmea
Photo three is a NOID Nidularium
Photo four is Edmundoa lindenii from a variegated ones seed. The two are the same age, but show how different they can be with potting up and fertiliser.
Photo five is an Alcantarea grass pup that has gone haywire. I'm going to grow it on and see if it changes. I suspect it has had a pest that has sent it strange

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America