Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: works4me picture (Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012
works4me wrote:
Hi everyone, another very hot and muggy day here today. We managed to get a bit done in the garden late this afternoon, weeding and mowing and a bit of trimming Ö everything is growing so quickly.

Sue, thanks for your suggestions re my neo Gunpowder? I guess for now it will continue life as a NOID. I have had a couple of neos that flowered prematurely and wondered why Ö canít remember when I removed them though. I will have to make a note and keep a check on any pups that I have removed recently.

Wendy, so sorry to hear that you and Johnny have lost Max. He had a great life with you and heís up there in doggy heaven keeping an eye on you both. No doubt you will miss him for a long time and remember him fondly.

Ian, hope you manage to find your way around your computer. Hope you found some new plants on the way home too.

Nev, what a nice surprise finding advanced pups you werenít even aware were there on so many of your neos. I am sure you will have no trouble clearing out your excess plants. Your neo Bold Streak x McWilliamsii is certainly a different colour to mine, which is quite pink-purple. And thanks for the compliments on my neo Gunpowder (or whatever), it is a lovely plant.

Trish, Nev, the two Bold Streak x McWilliamsii plants in the pot are pups from the same mum, long removed. The one on the right has much wider and brighter streaks than the one on the left, so maybe a sport. I have been planning to separate them for a long time and will have to do it soon so I get pups from both. The pups from the one on the right might prove interesting.

Trish, I have to agree with you that while itís terrific to have friends and family visit, itís so nice when things get back to normal and peace and quiet returns. And I am feeling a lot better now, thanks.

Also thanks to everyone for your help with identifying my NOID neo.

Bree, thatís a nice Bold Streak x McWilliamsii.

Just the one pic tonight Ö neo Small World.

Bye for now, Shirley

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America