Photo by Melody
We rolled out several small fixes on January 29. If you encounter any problems, please report them in the designated thread in the DG Site Updates forum.

Beginner Vegetables: MonkeyFlower picture (Mint Cuttings)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright MonkeyFlower

In reply to: Mint Cuttings

Forum: Beginner Vegetables

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Mint Cuttings
MonkeyFlower wrote:
My mini greenhouse is like the one in the picture. I put it in the balcony where it get about 5 hours of direct sunlight per day. We have a Mediterranean climate so I only intend using it in cool weather, otherwise I think the plastic will melt!! I've planted some speedy salad and lettuce seeds in it, as well as some small plants that I don't want to get blown away.

Regarding the mint cuttings, yes, I did cut off most of the leaves so that I would be able to push the stem deep down in the compost. I have now put these in a shaded part of my yard, and I also put a new cutting in a jar of water and placed that in the greenhouse. I saw a YouTube video that said it should root that way. Hopefully one of them will be successful!

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America