Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Beginner Vegetables: MonkeyFlower picture (Mint Cuttings)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright MonkeyFlower

In reply to: Mint Cuttings

Forum: Beginner Vegetables

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Mint Cuttings
MonkeyFlower wrote:
My mini greenhouse is like the one in the picture. I put it in the balcony where it get about 5 hours of direct sunlight per day. We have a Mediterranean climate so I only intend using it in cool weather, otherwise I think the plastic will melt!! I've planted some speedy salad and lettuce seeds in it, as well as some small plants that I don't want to get blown away.

Regarding the mint cuttings, yes, I did cut off most of the leaves so that I would be able to push the stem deep down in the compost. I have now put these in a shaded part of my yard, and I also put a new cutting in a jar of water and placed that in the greenhouse. I saw a YouTube video that said it should root that way. Hopefully one of them will be successful!

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America