Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: splinter1804 picture (Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright splinter1804

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012
splinter1804 wrote:
Hi everyone -Sorry but I have to rush this morning so just a few pic's and I'll be back later,

Pic.1 is (sorry) an orchid, Stanhopea Tigrina - it's a fascinating plant which flowers out the bottom of the pot/basket and has a very strong smell of vanilla.

After Wendy posted a pic of her Ae. Caudata variegata a while back, I went looking for mine which I said had never flowered. Well guess what? They are both flowering now. They are two differetnt clones and growing in different areas and different light intensities. Pic.2 Ae. Caudata variegata #1, Pic.3 Ae Caudata variegata #1 inflorescence, Pic.4 Ae Caudata variegata #2, and Pic.5 Ae Caudata variegata #2 inflorescence.

All the best, Nev.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America