Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: ianperry picture (Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ianperry

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012
ianperry wrote:
Hi all, and a happy New year to all. Ah so peaceful to be home and as a late xmas present it has been raining on and off since last night. I don’t know how much we have had but it seems to be watering the plants. It is still showering now at 8.43pm on the last day of this year.
Friday last week I taught a couple of people to collect, prepare and sew seeds from Ae family and tried to describe collection with Neo’s as well. I am sharing what i know to help others.
Thanks for Identifying Vr Tiger Tim for me. It has a couple of pups on it and it came from Bunnings, the only plant worth buying from that store at that time. Well that is my opinion anyway.
Yes Blade is my Grandson and he is a quiet baby, how could I be so lucky. I expected to have sleepless nights and as yet this is not the case.
Sue I would love to try Ae Blush from seed.
Nev I think the C class loco was fully restored before being parked up. It is in the Miles museum.
Today with the rain and due to the fact that I have been away I thought it time to pot up some seedlings,some Canistrum burchellii, Portea petropoliana var extensa and some unknown Ae that I planted on 24-06-12. Some of these are 4”high so into pots some went, more tomorrow with luck rain or no rain.The weather is the boss until Grandson gives voice.
Have a good one
Ian
Pic 1 Ae gigantea
Pic 2Canistrum monatanum
Pic 3 Quesnelia liboniana?

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America