Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Beginner Gardening Questions: blomma picture (Do Miniature Roses need to sleep?)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright blomma

In reply to: Do Miniature Roses need to sleep?

Forum: Beginner Gardening Questions

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Do Miniature Roses need to sleep?
blomma wrote:
I have 5 mini roses that bloom every year and are hardy even in my zone 4. The first one---a yellow---is 6 years old. It was my trial mini for hardiness. Since then I bought a red, pink and a white, all are hardy. I have read that they are hardy but I wanted to test that out before I bought more. I got mine from Walmart. I have several floribunda roses and all get treated the same. They grow to a height of 12" and bloom all summer long.

They are available for Mother's Day and Valentine. Not meant to be grown as a houseplant for they do need a dormant period just like their larger counterparts.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America