Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Poultry and Livestock: Light_for_Jesus picture (Breeding pen in a house :) )

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Light_for_Jesus

In reply to: Breeding pen in a house :)

Forum: Poultry and Livestock

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Breeding pen in a house :)
Light_for_Jesus wrote:
This is Polly, the little chick the lady handed me on my way out the door, when I visited north of Dallas/Fort Worth last spring. Think the lady felt sorry for me, knowing she had just sold me three roosters. So she added this one. She's a sweet little bird, and I don't mind the roosters as long as I can take care of them. I do need to either get rid of some roosters or build new pens for them though.

Polly's been locked in the garage so nothing would happen to her. It's been so cold here the last two weeks and the water freezing up. She was a mess. Yesterday I washed these two to take to visit my grandson. He likes chickens too, like me. Polly cleaned up really nice. Had no idea she was looking that good. Amazing what soap and water can do.

This message was edited Jan 11, 2013 11:18 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America