Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Beginner Vegetables: RickCorey_WA picture (Why I belong to this Forum:)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright RickCorey_WA

In reply to: Why I belong to this Forum:

Forum: Beginner Vegetables

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Why I belong to this Forum:
RickCorey_WA wrote:
I find that I make many passes with 1/4" screen. Dust goes through very quickly, so I dribble mix down a screen leaning at a 45 degree angle. What passes that way is WAY too fine, and I use it as soil amendment in a raised bed.

But some of what rolled off without passing through is still usable to me. So I'll re-screen it and see how much I can push through if I rub it until around half went through and half stayed back. Tedious! It motivates me to fin d the c leanest nuggets I can, even though shrfedded mulch pieces have better shapes.

That's why I wish I had some 1/8" mesh. I could do just 1 pass with the 1/4", then 1 pass with 1/8", be done. Use the 1/8 mesh to "get the dust out".

Here are some 1" chciken wire, 1/2 mesh and 1/4" mesh I used to screen some juniper brush I was chipping with a lwn mower.
The industrial steel shelving I use as support is great: 3/4 gaps.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America